The regulations for achieving a deep-sea pilot certificate are available from the Danish pilotage act and the executive order on the issuing of pilot certificates and pilot exemption certificates and the Baltic Pilotage Authorities Commission (BPAC) agreement for deep-sea pilotage in the Baltic Sea Area.
How to do:
• Fill in all mandatory fields in the application form for a deep-sea pilot certificate
• Attach required documentation for sailing frequency in the area(s) applied for
• Attach digital photo (digital photo in high resolution)
• Attach signature (upload as file with signature written clearly in black pen)
• The Danish Maritime Authority will consider the application when the application form including sufficient documentation has been received.
• When the requirements for the application are met, a deep-sea pilot certificate is issued and sent to the applicant or to the pilotage service provider by whom the applicant is employed
• An invoice is forwarded to the applicant or to the pilotage service provider employing the applicant
The deep-sea pilot certificate is valid for 5 years in the areas applied for and granted.
The issue and expiry dates on the deep-sea pilot certificate follow the area last granted, but the expiry date for each area follows the date the specific area is granted.