The regulations for achieving a pilot trainee ID card are available from the Danish pilotage actand the executive order on the issuing of pilot certificates and pilotage exemption certificates.
How to do:
• Fill in all mandatory fields in the application form for a pilot trainee ID card
• Attach documentation for CoC, masters certificate/education/training, valid medical certificate
• Attach digital photo (digital photo in high resolution)
• Attach signature (upload as file with signature written clearly in black pen)
• The Danish Maritime Authority will consider the application when the application form including sufficient documentation, photo and signature has been received
• When the requirements for the application are met, a pilot trainee ID card is issued and forwarded to the applicant or to the pilotage service provider employing the applicant
• An invoice is forwarded to the applicant or to the pilotage service provider employing the applicant
The pilot trainee ID card is valid for 1 year in the areas applied for and granted.
To achieve further areas, a new pilot trainee ID card must be applied for covering these areas.
The granting of new areas is valid for 1 year from the date of granting.
The issue and expiry dates on the ID card follow the area last granted, but the expiry date for each area follows the date the specific area is granted.