The regulations for achieving a pilot certificate are available from the Danish pilotage act, sections 11 and 12 and the executive order on the issuing of pilot certificates and pilot exemption certificates.
How to do:
• Fill in all mandatory fields in the application form for a pilot certificate
• Attach required documentation for sailing frequency as pilot trainee (executive order annex 3)
• If a photo was included in your application form for pilot trainee ID card, the photo is stored in the Danish Maritime Authority's database and upload is not required
• If a signature was included in your application form for pilot trainee ID card, the signature is stored in the Danish Maritime Authority's database and upload is not required
• The Danish Maritime Authority will consider the application when the application form including sufficient documentation has been received
• When the application has been approved, time and place for an aptitude test can be arranged
• When you have passed the aptitude test, the Danish Maritime Authority will issue a pilot certificate
• The certificate will be forwarded to the pilotage service provider by whom the pilot is employed for the pilotage service provider's further action
• An invoice is forwarded to the pilotage service provider employing the applicant
The pilot certificate is valid for 5 years from the date of issue for the area(s) applied for and granted.
When further areas have been achieved on the basis of a pilot trainee period and a passed aptitude test, they will be included on the certificate after application.
Sailing frequency for each area on the certificate is calculated from the date the area is achieved and 12 months ongoing.
The issue and expiry dates of the pilot certificate follow the area last granted, but the expiry date for each area follows the date the specific area is granted.